California Shine the Light
Although we do not currently share your information for other companies’ direct marketing purposes, residents of California have the right to request information from us regarding other companies to whom we have disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for the other companies’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com or write to us at:
Maximus Real Estate Partners
One Maritime Plaza, Suite 1900
San Francisco, CA 94111
Your Privacy Rights Under the CPRA
- Right to Know and to Access. Subject to certain exceptions, and legal obligations, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months, including whether we sell or share such information. You also have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources of that information;
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collect, sell or share personal information about you;
- The categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed about you and the categories of persons or vendors to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you. In response to your request, we may request additional information showing that the information you want to correct is inaccurate.
- Right to Deletion. You may request that we delete your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions, and legal obligations imposed by state or federal privacy and employment laws. We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information to Third Parties. You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information by Maximus to third parties. We do not sell or share your personal information, as those terms are defined under California law.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to direct us to limit our use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to fulfill the purposes reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services. California law considers the following pieces of personal information to be “sensitive:” social security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, security questions and answers, or unique biometric data. We do not intend to collect or use sensitive personal information for any purposes, including to infer characteristics about you.
- Non-Discrimination or Retaliation. We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your data privacy rights.
How to Submit a Request
You or an authorized agent may submit a request to exercise your rights through one of the following means:
- By filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available here.
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumers may be required to submit name, email address, the website they have visited, and their city and state so that we can verify the request. We will not collect additional personal information from you for the sole purpose of your exercising your rights under the data protection laws. Similarly, we will not require you to create an account of any sort, solely for the purpose of exercising your rights under applicable data protection laws.
California law permits California consumers to use an authorized agent to make privacy rights requests. We require the authorized agent to provide us with proof of the California consumer’s written permission (for example, a power of attorney) that shows the authorized agent has the authority to submit a request for the California consumer. An authorized agency must follow the process described above to make a request, and we will additionally require the authorized agent to verify his/her own identity and we will confirm the agent’s authority with the California consumer about whom the request was made.
California residents who use job application features of the Site should see our Notice of Collection of Personal Information for California Residents, which may be posted on the job application webpage(s) and is also available here.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.